Monday, January 31, 2011

gutter contemplation...

Lost a half day due to civic duty - got called for jury duty.  Because the trial is a lawsuit against the Terlingua Ranch unofficial POA...of course all TR land owners got booted from the pool.  At least I made 20 bucks for my trouble today.  Home in plenty of time to ponder the first section of gutter to be mounted.  Clamped it into place and gave it just enough thought to figure out how best to proceed.  I must say that it will make a brilliant functional accent to my structure.  Now bracing for the impending cold that is about to descend on this desert paradise for the next few days.  66,76,30,0,B

5 comments:

Don Auderer said...

Hope you have plenty of snuggies to keep you warm.

Anonymous said...

John,

Someday you can build a barn for her highness the Queen of Desert, Benita. Keep her nice and warm.
That cold front supposed to bring some snow flurries to South Texas and I have extra firewood and coffee.

Boo Barksdale said...

How do you stay warm in 14 degree weather at the field lab? I'm thinking you could use a wood stove right about now.

John Wells said...

a woodstove would be nice if there was any wood out here....for now I rely on propane and my Mr. Heater Big Buddy

Allen Hare said...

The gutter looks great. Can't wait to see it all completed. Stay Warm.