Sunday, September 28, 2014

old friends...

Do you ever think about the friends you have had for a very long time?  How is it that you have come to know and trust them so well?  What does it take to get to really know someone?  Most likely it is because you have spent a lot of unselfish time together and have shared many life experiences.  It works the same way with Jesus.  The relationship will only grow by spending time with Him.  Trust only grows from unselfishness.

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it. 15 If ye love me, (do all of the above).

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not(?), Because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Gospel of John has gotten me through some dire times.

Thanks for sharing.

In doing so,you have returned it to the forefront of my thoughts.

Guy Hodges said...

John-
We went to a showing of God is Not Dead at the Ector Theatre in Odessa yesterday. The scriptures you shared are much the same as the message in the movie.
It is a powerful film and one I highly recommend everyone see.
It will change your life.

Margery Billd said...

It was very nice to come home home yesterday and read your lovely thoughts. Because I had just had a rear fender bump on my nice Buick in San Antonio by a truck with a deer guard. Well I thought it was a scam because later three other cars showed up with massive damage from a rolling big tire flying through the air. They were ahead of me and I did not see anything. All I saw was the big tire in the middle of the slow lane. The officer said it was an accident. Well we never know. So it is good to enjoy each day.