Sunday, December 31, 2017

For the new year ahead...

Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;  11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.  12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.  13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,  14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen. Happy New Year, John Wells.

Zole said...

Happy new year John, the best to you and all your critters!

John D Baxter said...

May we ever keep our aim toward that high calling in Christ our Lord. God Bless you brother, maybe I will soon be your neighbor a couple miles on the other side of 118.

I have read a lot of your blog and tffnguy's also. Using google earth to scout the properties I am choosing between. Didn't you say somewhere that as long as you had 10 acres, no toilet system had to be permitted? I am planning on a compost pile for it.

John Wells said...

John Baxter...Most of the tracts out here are 5, 20, and 40 acres. "As long as you had 10 acres" is incorrect. If you live on 10 acres or less, you have to have a county approved septic or county approved composting toilet...which means you need 20 acres to avoid the rule. Three adjoining 5 acre tracts wont cut it because the one you build on is the tract that falls under the rule.

John D Baxter said...

Thank you for clearing that up John. Introduced a new hurdle, but at least I didn't make the mistake of the unknowing. Wonder what passes as a county approved composting toilet, or better said, where can I buy one?